Pages

Home       About       Daily Reads       Homeschool       Favorite Websites       Misc.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 6 - Hot Spots

FlyLady defines a Hot Spot as

"an area, when left unattended will gradually take over. My favorite analogy is of a hot spot in a forest fire, if left alone it will eventually get out of hand and burn up the whole forest. This is what happens in our homes. If left unattended, the hot spot will grow and take over the whole room as well as making the house look awful. When you walk into a room, the hot spot is the first thing you see. Your eyes are locked on it. Over the years my hot spot has migrated. As a child it was a chair in my bedroom. I would pile it to the ceiling. Right now I have two hot spots in my home: the dining room table and the bed in the extra bedroom. The dining room table is a staging area. We put the unopened mail there, as well as any thing that needs to go to the basement. Some times you cannot see the top of the table. This is the first thing I see when I walk into the kitchen. Granted, the pile has only been there since last night, but if I don't deal with it first thing in the morning, it will collect many more items by evening. CLUTTER ATTRACTS CLUTTER. The Bed in the extra bed room is just the same. I use it as a place to put things that don't have a home. Do you have areas like this that continue to grow if left alone? Does the rest of the family see this as a place to put things when they do not want to put them where they belong? It is our job to NIP this in the bud. Get rid of that pile, find the surface underneath, and stop the Hot Spot from becoming a raging Clutter inferno! - FlyLady"






So now it is time to do that.  My Hot Spot is my office/craftroom.





So now this is what we are up to on day 6:


- Getting Dressed to lace up shoes
- Keeping our sink shining
- Going to Big Tent and reading messages
- Looking at our posted reminders in the kitchen and bathroom
- Recognizing the negative voices when you hear them and changing the words to be nice to you. That is what FLYing (Finally Loving Yourself) is all about.





New thing to add today is:
 Now I want you to set your timer for 2 minutes and lets practice putting out your Hot Spot. You don’t have to work till you have finished; just do what you can in 2 minutes. Put your bills in one place. This will keep you from having to search for them. (For me my bills are always in one place...they go from my purse to the office. LOL But from now on they will go straight to the office in my nifty bills binder I have)

How easy is that? So I'll be back in 2 minutes!

Ok I'm back.  Would you like to know what I got accomplished in 2 minutes?

3 soda cans trashed
hair accessories put back
office items stacked or put away
floor picked up
and trash taken out of the room.

Well that was really easy and very successful.  My computer desk is cleaned off and I like the feeling.

Now what Hot Spot will you take care of today?

1 comment :