Pages

Home       About       Daily Reads       Homeschool       Favorite Websites       Misc.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 8 - Get a 3 ring binder and put paper in it.

Now I know you probably think I'm nuts but you will see I am not.  Over the last week my sink has stayed shiny, I've dressed to lace up shoes everyday and things are starting to come together even more. So just do  it!  Ever hear "There is a method to my madness."? Well this is pretty much a method and right now it just looks like madness or insanity.

So FlyLady breaks it down into morning and bedtime routines.  So here it is.

Morning Routine 

- Get up and get dressed to lace up shoes; fixing your hair and face
- Looking at your posted reminders in the kitchen and bathroom
- Going to Big Tent and reading messages
- Recognizing the negative voices and changing them; YOU ARE FLYing NOW!
- Put out your Hot Spots for 2 minutes 

Before Bed Routine 

- Keep your sink shining
- Lay out your clothes for tomorrow
- Put out your Hot Spot (I have to do this twice a day) It makes me smile in the morning! 

Over the last week we have been establishing our basic routines. As you establish habits, it will become easy to add another habit for you to practice. 

Today I want you to find an old three ring binder and just put some paper in it. Then at the top of one page write Morning Routine and on the top of another page write Before Bed Routine all in pencil. This is a working document; do not allow your perfectionism to interfere with the process. Now you can write your simple routines on each page. (www.flylady.net)


Remember....STOP BEING A PERFECTIONIST!  When you let that go things become easier and flow more smoothly!  Trust me I know first hand because I am a perfectionist and a control freak.  But I'm slowly learning to let the perfectionism go.  It has caused a lot of headache in my life in accomplishing things and I don't want that to be the example for my kids.  (By the way...first borns have a tendency to be perfectionists.)


So let me know how it goes.  2 minutes for a Hot Spot isn't hard and you can do a couple Hot Spots today.  I'll be doing my Hot Spot in my van today.  It just needs to warm up a little bit more because it is fuh-reezing!


Good Luck everyone.

No comments :

Post a Comment