Pages

Home       About       Daily Reads       Homeschool       Favorite Websites       Misc.

Friday, December 4, 2009

H1N1

No we don't have the swine flu.  We have finally decided to get our kids vaccinated against the swine flu.  This was an ever long process of deciding if we should or shouldn't.  Since the military is requiring us by order, we have to get both the seasonal and H1N1 flu vaccines.  We did some research and waited and prayed and it seems that because Steve and I are required to get it our kids would as well, on the basis that the shot did not have the preservative Thimerosal.  So today they are getting their shots again!  At that I was going to get it anyways because I plan on getting pregnant in January and the way this flu has hit pregnant women....enough said about that!  So what is everyone else's thought on the H1N1 vaccine?  Had I no young children or was planning on getting pregnant, I would not be getting the vaccine.  Last year was my first year to get a flu vaccine since I was a child.  I've never had the flu but this strain particularly scares me cause of how easily it is transmitted.  Thus this has equalled me not really taking my kids to very busy places.  It is one thing if I am sick....another when my kids are.  I'll let you know what, if any, side effects happen!

No comments :

Post a Comment